In 2013, Voodoo Leatherworks opened as a veteran-owned, for-profit community center, art gallery, art studio and private membership club for adults who live alternative lifestyles. These lifestyles include LGBTQAI+, polyamorous groups, swingers, fetishists and others who have experienced various levels of discrimination for their interests and identities and are looking for a safe place to build community and interact together is a warm, welcoming environment.
Voodoo supports our community in the following ways:
- Free education to members and non-members through cooperation with local, national and international presenters and support from local, educational, non-profit organizations. Much of our education focuses on:
- Enthusiastic, informed consent
- Relationship dynamics and support
- Risk awareness
- Skills development
- Art studio and creative space rentals for artists and models
- Rental availability for performing artists, musicians, dancers, etc.
- Retail space for local visual artists to sell their creative works at a 10% commission
- Retail space for local craftspeople to sell their crafts at a 10% commission
- Recurring art events to allow artists to collaborate together while also providing additional education through peer support.
- Educational support through cooperation with local non-profits like the Marquis Lifestyle Center to local crisis centers, law enforcement, mental health, legal and medical professionals with the goal of providing better support to victims of domestic violence and to help combat human trafficking.
- Supports free HIV/HEP-C testing and STI education through cooperation with local non-profits such as the Southern Colorado AIDS Project (S-CAP)
- Assists the coordination of support with local mental health professionals and medical providers who are knowledgeable about alternative lifestyles.
Voodoo also supports individual members who have gone above and beyond through their own contributions to the Communities they serve and have chosen to run for a Leather Title.
We also support other alternative lifestyle non-profit and for-profit organizations like Colorado Leatherfest, Southwest Leather Conference, Colorado Springs Pridefest and Thunder in the Mountains.
All of this amazing Community support is funded by our Members contributions of volunteerism, annual membership dues and members events as well as generous donations from members of our Community.
To become a Member, you must first attend a New Member Orientation which are only available a few times each month.
We hope to have the opportunity to meet you soon!